Uhuru afraid Ruto will dump Jubilee
07 April 2016, 17:41
Nairobi - President Uhuru Kenyatta and DP William Ruto will launch their 2017 election campaign during the thanksgiving party in Nakuru after the President was left cautious of Ruto's availability to other parties and coalitions.
Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter says that now Ruto is free of the ICC cases, he should go for the Presidency come 2017.
Noah Wekesa, the head of the Jubilee Party steering Committee told News24 Thursday that the new party will be launched in Nakuru 16 April 2016.
He added that the ICC thanksgiving rally that had been planned by the President in the wake of the acquittal of the DP and journalist Joshua Sang from the crimes against humanity trial will also be used to end any lingering fears that the two will be a team come the 2017 polls.
" The launch for the Presidential campaigns will take place in Nakuru," he said.
The President is keen to kill any hopes of the opposition hanging towards Ruto as the run-up to the 2017 polls begins.
There have been calls by some Jubilee MPs to Ruto to quit Jubilee and run as a solo candidate.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.