Uhuru did not sack me, Kimaiyo says
28 June 2016, 17:30
Nairobi - President Uhuru Kenyatta did not sack me, David Kimaiyo has said.
The former Kenya Airports Authority KAA chairman has left the authority after being replaced abruptly by President Uhuru Kenyatta last week.
Kimaiyo ended his two-year stint at the helm of the Kenya Airports
Authority following a gazette notice on June 24 appointing former military chief Julius Karangi.
But he insisted that he had not been sacked by the President and did not receive a letter purporting so.
" I did not receive a letter of sacking from the President, that is a fact," he said," hitting back at those who ridiculed his sacking a year earlier from the position.
Kimaiyo's tenure has been controversial, with the former Police boss' helm at the top misled by corruption and mismanagement.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.