Two men die in their sleep in Nairobi home
27 June 2016, 18:18
Nairobi - Two men died in their sleep after warming themselves with a jiko in Nairobi's Karen estate.
The two were found dead in the morning after they used the charcoal burner to warm themselves in the ongoing cold season.
The Karen area is usually surrounded by a large number of trees thus the increased cold.
" We found two men dead in the morning. Investigations show that they were warming themselves with the jiko and suffered from Carbon-monoxide poisoning," Nairobi Police boss Japheth Koome told News24.
The bodies were transferred to the Nairobi City Mortuary.
He warned Kenyans to be wary of using charcoal burners to warm themselves saying it will lead to more deaths.
" It is imperative that we be careful to avoid more deaths," he added.
In February, sister to late singer Angela Chibalonza Mary Ruinga died in her home in Embakasi after also using a charcoal burner to warm herself then falling asleep.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.