Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


MyNews24 is a user-generated section of News24 Kenya. The stories here come from users.

Latest Badges:

View all Mbugua Marc's badges.

Top Govt officials sue Ruto

13 July 2016, 09:47 Mbugua Marc

Bomet - Two top officials from Bomet County Government have sued Governor Isaac Ruto for violating the constitution in their removal from office.

Lands and Planning CEC, Patricia Lasoi together with her Public health and environment counterpart, Elizabeth Langat have accused the Governor of moving against the constitutional Act guiding the County government in employments.

Patricia Lasoi and Elizabeth Langat were removed by Governor Ruto from their respective dockets on allegations of non-performance and misappropriation of County funds.

In April 2016, the two County officials had filed an application blocking the County government from filling their offices until the matter was determined by court where the court ruled in their favor.

The  Governor had previously demanded the CEC’s to resign from their dockets unlawfully and be given other posts in the County, which they refused leading to their sacking.

Read Also: I am back in Jubilee MP tells DP Ruto

According to their Lawyer Kipkoech Ngetich, the petitioners were given a show cause letter barely hours before a press briefing on their removal, limiting them from responding fully on the allegations which he termed as vague and misguided.

The petitioners accused the Governor of misusing state powers in the removal of the two officials on grounds that they were not useful to the County politically.

Appearing before Justice Stephen Radido, they appealed to the court to compel the County government to pay them all damages and compensation for unfair removal if they are not reinstated back.

Justice Radido in his ruling extended orders directing the County government to not fill the posts until the matter is heard and determined.

The matter was slated for ruling on September 23.

- MyNews24

Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
Raila ungrateful for my help, MP ...

An MP says that he made ODM famous in Meru and has accused the party of ungratefulness despite his hard work. Read more...

Submitted by
Victor Tinto
I'm ready for by-election today, ...

I'm ready for a by election, an angry ODM rebel MP tells Raila Odinga. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
ODM kicks 6 MPs out of Parliament...

ODM has kicked 6 rebel members out of house committees. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Karua now headed to Jubilee?

Is Martha Karua now headed to the Jubilee Coalition? Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Kenneth defends move to support U...

Peter Kenneth says that moving to support President Uhuru Kenyatta and the Jubilee Party is his democratic choice. Read more...

Submitted by
S Mbinya
How to keep her interested

It is not only men who lose interest in relationships. Read more...