Success is a Day to Day Decision
30 March 2016, 07:34
Nairobi - There are three power tools for achieving in anything we do.
There are three options we make in the moment, all the time when we pursue excellence. We make decisions all the time; every instant of every day. Being self-aware brings these decisions into our perception.
As somebody who has decided to take huge steps on my purpose, I face these options day-to-day. For each day I get to re-chose. It is essential to note the variance between a choice and a decision. A choice is in the moment. Each day we may only make a small number of actual decisions, but we make several minute, little choices.
The three choices that directly affect our success are:
1) Faith: Do I belief that I can succeed on my purpose? (Head)
2) Burning desire: Do I desire to live success on my purpose, or am I just hoping, wishing and wanting? (Heart).
3) Willingness: Am I willing to take slight (or huge) steps to live on purpose? (Body)
These choices are more than words we utter to ourselves; they turn out to be a way of life. We must make them regularly, day-to-day, to live on purpose and capture the success waiting for us. The good news is that three “Power Tools” have been discovered to assist us with these choices. I reflect on Power Tools because they empower us when we feel the most powerless. Recognize the choice that you are challenged with and make use of your Power Tool to repossess your supremacy.
1) ImaginationstrengthensFaith: there is only one nation in the world that you don’t need a passport to go to; the nation of imagination. Imagination helps in accelerating success. Create a thinkmoment. At least one hour every week or for about 5 minutes a day, without disruption, just imagine the success, focused life you’re living. Image it in complete living cover. Try to make use all of your senses, be in the picture and visualize all of the successes.
2) Prayer reinforcesAspiration: anytime we open up to God’s will and listen for His guidance, it awakens our childlike faith. I am not writing about a routine prayer or a “HELP!” kind of prayer. I am writing about a candid discussion with God. Nevertheless you pray, do it in a way that allows you to hear the voice of your God leading, controlling, and encouraging you. You can do this better when you journal habitually, because that’s how you best listen to your creator. Ask God questions, and listen for your answers. Some people have a preference of doing it in silence. Irrespective of how you do it. Just do it! Instead of requesting God for help, request God to “show you” how to make a step or overcome your worry. Pay attention to the answer and open up to hear it. It begins as small, inaudible voice, and with time it’s easier to make it out.
3) Reflection strengthens Willingness: When we can silence our worries and just be, then making simple steps of faith becomes easier. Without reflection, we continue to be powerless and fear takes over. With reflection, we are empowered by the consciousness of the power of our soul, the supremacy of our purpose, and the authority of who we are. For a long time, I struggled without being able to contemplate because my mind works so fast. It’s very hard for me to sit static for 5 minutes without anything crossing my mind! Nowadays I make use of directed meditations and find it much easier to get into that quiet space. Mostly they are brief (5-8 minutes). Contemplation certainly helps with willingness.
“Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even when it leads you off the well-worn path, and that will make all the difference.” - Steve Jobs
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.