Student found dead in rental room
17 April 2016, 18:01
Nyeri - Police are investigating circumstances that led to the death of a female Nyeri National Polytechnic student who was found dead in her rental room at Kandara area, Nyeri town.
The body of 20-year-old girl, whose name was not immediately released, was found with burnt injuries ostensibly caused by fire.
Residents said she was found with a pair of headsets in her ears and that she died while listening to music from her laptop which was connected to electricity, according to preliminary observations.
The incident was discovered by neighbours who called police officers after peeping through the window of the one-roomed house and unsuccessfully trying to wake her up.
“We suspect she was electrocuted since the door was closed from inside. She only had head injuries,” they said.
They called for intensive investigations into the incidence which they termed mysterious.
Police removed the body to Nyeri Referral Hospital mortuary.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.