Schoolboy electrocuted in Homabay
11 April 2016, 17:51
Homabay - A 16-year-old school boy was electrocuted at Kobuya village in Rachuonyo North, Homabay County.
Confirming the incident, County Police Commander, John Omusanga said the boy identified as John Oduor, a form two student at Kobala Mixed secondary school was electrocuted when he touched a live wire at their neighbour’s home.
He said the boy had been called by his friend who is an electrician to help him install security lights at the main gate of the home.
“Oduor died on the spot when he accidentally touched a live naked wire after the electrician had put on the power from the main switch after they had completed the work,” Omusanga said.
He said investigations into the incident had been launched and the electrician interrogated.
The police boss cautioned residents against engaging unqualified electricians to wire their houses to avoid such accidents.
“There are many quack electricians around and our people should be in a position to identify them and report to police to avoid electrical accidents,” Omusanga said.
He told parents to remain watchful over their children especially during holiday season.
He said the body was taken to Gendia Mission hospital mortuary.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.