REVEALED: Names of 3 Governors and 10 MPs that will loose seats for decamping from ODM to Jubilee
20 September 2016, 21:03
Nairobi - Orange Democratic Moverment (ODM) Tuesday released the names of three Governors and 10 MPs who risk losing their seats after they r publicly declared their defection to the newly launched Jubilee Party.
The Raila Odinga led party now wants the leaders to show cause why they should not be kicked out of the outfit, and their seats declared vacant.
1. Ukur Yatani - Governor, Marsabit
2. Salim Mvurya - Governor, Kwale
3. Zainabu Chidzuga - MP, Kwale County
4. Joash Maangi - Dep. Governor Kisii County
5. Steven Kariuki - MP, Mathare
6. Mpuru Aburi - MP, Tigania East
7. Gideon Mung’aro - MP, Kilifi North
8. Mustafa Iddi - MP, Kilifi South
9. Cyprian Kubai -MP, Igembe Central
10. Isaac Mwaura - Nominated MP
11. James Rege - MP, Karachuonyo
12. Samuel Arama - MP, Nakuru Town West
13. John Waluke - MP, Sirisia
According to a statement by the ODM Disciplinary committee chairman Fred Athuok, each of the 13 leaders have been send letters and are expected to respond in writing within seven (7) days.
“ failure to which, the Committee shall recommend to the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) that such members be expelled from the party for violating the Law and the Constitution of the party,”
“In effecting the expulsion, necessary steps will be taken with the respective County, Parliamentary/Senate Speakers and the IEBC to declare the seats vacant and necessitate by-elections,” reads the statement.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.