One dead, five hospitalized for eating poisoned food
17 June 2016, 20:02
Bungoma - One child died while a mother and four other children are hospitalized at Bungoma County Referral Hospital and Webuye sub county hospital respectively after eating a suspected poisoned food.
Confirming the incident, Miendo location chief Wilson Khaemba said that the family is suspected to have eaten a poisoned food in Machakha village in Webuye West constituency.
“We are still investigating the incident, how did the food got poisoned and who did it, they just took their food on Tuesday and proceeded to sleep but they were overwhelmed by pain, they were vomiting and having a running stomach after taking Ugali and Sukumawiki,” said the Mr.Khaemba.
He said that the husband Mr.Upton Mukono did not take the food while his wife Phylis Mukono and their five children consumed the food.
The administrator said that after being informed of the incident they took the family members to various health facilities where they are receiving medication while the deceased body was taken to Webuye sub district hospital awaiting postmortem.
Khaemba called on parents to take care of food they cook to avoid such incidents where people can easily losing lives in a careless way.
“Let us be wary on hour we prepare our food, let be prepared in a way that cannot be accessed by a stranger who can poison the food and cause much problems,” he said.ENDS
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.