No evidence to charge Kambi, DPP says
13 November 2015, 18:58
Nairobi - There is no evidence to charge suspended Labour Cabinet Secretary Kazungu Kambi of abuse of office, the Director of Public Prosecutions DPP has said.
"The inquiry file was initially submitted to the DPP on 25th May 2015
with a recommendation to charge Kambi with the offence of abuse of
office, but there has been no evidence to support the allegations and so I declare the file closed," the DPP said in a statement Friday.
Kambi had been accused of irregularly appointing Erastus Mwongera,
Andrew Gichamba Muigai and Veska Kangogo as members of the National
Social Security Fund board.
The first file had been sett back by the DPP but the EACC pushed a new set of charges in September.
Kambi was also being investigated for alleged involvement in corrupt
dealings in the controversial NSSF’s Tassia Phase II housing project
whose cost was inflated without the board’s approval and also the
construction of a business complex along Kenyatta Avenue.
Kambi is the latest CS to be cleared of charges by the EACC.
The other one released is Agriculture CS Felix Koskei.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.