Nakuru senator refutes media claims that he has quitted gubernatorial race
03 October 2016, 14:18
Nakuru - A nominated senator from Nakuru county has refuted claims doing rounds on social media that he has opted out of the gubernatorial race 2017.
In an exclusive interview on Monday morning, Senator John Njoroge refuted social media messages that he has pulled out of the race for Nakuru gubernatorial seat come 2017. He said such information is baseless propaganda.
“I must say that the messages going around in social media that I have pulled out of the race for the Nakuru top seat in 2017 are just propaganda by a few individuals who are out to tarnish my name. May I state here that am still in the race,” said Njoroge.
The Nominated senator added that he is ready to battle out with his opponents.
“I am not a coward and am ready to face any political opponents in Nakuru county. My appeal is only to the youths that let us shun divisive politics and those politicians who are out to use youths for their own political gains,” said Njoroge.
Nakuru county has so far attracted several aspirants among them Former NTSA chairman Lee Kinyanjui, NACADA boss John Mututho, Nakuru senator James Mungai, engineer Victor Ngatia among others.
However the incumbent Nakuru county governor Kinuthia Mbugua has insisted he will defend his seat.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.