Must do's in your twenties
19 July 2016, 08:02
Most people say that the twenties is the best decade in anyone’s life. At this point, one is so full of energy and goals. It’s in this decade that most of us dream of changing the world. We believe we are what the world has been waiting for after Microsoft. Well, the truth is that it’s also an age that people make the biggest mistakes of their lives. People make mistakes at this point because they are more competitive with their peers. Now, I have come up with a few tips on how to live a great life in your twenties because years wasted can never be recovered.
1) STOP PANICKING! Do not panic as your friends get married, go abroad, get good jobs, drive the latest models, go for vacations among others. Just stop panicking. Most of us are trying to run other people’s races because of Social Media and all. We are envious of their lives. Trust me; grass is not always greener on the other side. Most people are handling a problem you are not aware of. Grass is actually green where you water it. Know your purpose in life and go for it, most importantly at your pace. Do you know that someone else wishes to be in your shoes? Be grateful for little things.
Read Also: 4 signs he is a player
2) BE REAL. The first step to development is acknowledging a situation for what it really is. Most people in this decade live a lie…on Social Media. It is common to post happy photos on Facebook to keep up with the Joneses but in reality; empty bank accounts. No, I am not asking you to start posting your problems on Social Media, just address the reality on the ground. Happy people are real. They don’t need to keep up where they do not fit in, because fitting in can lead to emptier bank accounts.
3) FORGIVE YOURSELF. This is definitely the decade most people are bound to make mistakes. Please forgive yourself and learn. Forgive yourself for your wrong relationships, wrong decisions and missed opportunities. You cannot walk around with baggage.
4) START PURSUING YOUR PASSION. At this point, we already know what our passions are. If you don’t, do some soul searching. There are those gifts we have that we never pursued in college or earlier in life. Better still, that we put aside in the course of Formal Education. Whatever it is, activate it. Start making your gallery, be a model, sing, make a movie. Don’t you know that life is meant to be interesting rather than a tiring pursuit for wealth?
5) EXERCISE AND EAT HEALTHY. We look pretty good in this decade; don’t forget that we eat junk most of the time. Most people can get away with poor eating habits at this decade probably because they still have high metabolism but trust me, it catches up later in life. Lifestyle diseases hardly manifest at this stage in life but they are silently getting reinforced.
6) LIVE! Enjoy life. Travel. Cook. Eat. Visit Galleries. Watch Movies, whatever you do, just live large!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.