Managing pimples in the vaginal area
12 September 2016, 15:47
Nairobi - Pimples in and around the vagina are extremely common, especially in young adults.
They can be managed easily, once we understand the causes for their occurrence. Reasons for Getting Pimples on/and on the Vagina Just as you get pimples on any other part of your body, you may get it there. Vaginal lips are prone to pimple formation due to two reasons:
1. Moistness getting collected there.
2. Presence of many oil secreting glands Genital Pimples increase during Menses because the moistness of the vaginal region increases, making it more favourable for labia pimples to grow. Just keeping the area clean and dry would help.
Common Reasons for Vaginal Pimples Getting Infected.
1. Squeezing or scratching the pimples with your hands.
2. Poor hygiene in the area due to tight underwear leads to accumulation of moisture, which promotes the growth of bacteria.
3. Wearing underwear made up of non-cotton fabrics is another cause because fabrics other than cotton are not able to absorb extra moisture.
4. Shaving the area while having pimples may injure them and eventually lead to infection.
Management Vaginal pimples need extra care. No medication is required if they are not infected. Just do the following:
1. Keep the area clean and dry.
2. Never pop or squeeze the pimple on your labia.
3. Wear loose cotton undergarments to keep the region dry and moisture free.
4. Have lots of water and eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid fried and fatty foodstuff.
5. If the pimple is painful, it may be tense due to the pus collected inside. To ease this tension, try warm compress over it to soften the skin. Slowly, the pimple will start draining.
6. If you feel the pimple on your labia is infected, see a doctor for prescription of an antibiotic.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.