Kofi Olomide lessons for men
11 August 2016, 10:37
As much as many feel that Koffi Olomide was treated unfairly by being deported minutes after landing at JKIA airport in Nairobi recently after kicking his female dancer, we can learn many valuable lessons from the ordeal.
1. The society expects men to be protectors of the women and not attackers. This is because men are more muscular and not the physical equals of women.
2. Women also feel humiliated and dishonored by the act and their self esteem also gets a beating.
Read Also: Why women never admit to watching porn?
3. The public outcry also reveals that the abusive man may lose his high standing in society and even face the wrath of the public court in mob justice.
4. The man may also serve a prison term and jeopardize a promising career or business.
5. The real issues of the conflict are never solved by violence. It just creates more problems for the man. So let us all solve problems amicably and avoid being physical. Improve your arguments, making them cogent and convincing instead of raising your voice or leg at your partner.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.