KDF remains mum over news on Al Adde attack victims
23 February 2016, 14:44
Nairobi - The Kenya Defence Forces KDF is still quiet over the number of soldiers killed in the Al Adde attack in Somalia as well as those injured and missing.
Inquiries by News24 on the numbers of those affected by the January 15 attack did not bear fruit.
News24 was told that the status of the matter is still pending.
" There is no news. At the moment there is nothing to speak about," a senior soldier who did not want to be named said.
There was also no mention of the number of soldiers who died and have been buried.
The KDF is quietly going about the business of handing families the bodies of their loved ones but without releasing any information.
So far by News24's count, more than 60 bodies have been availed to the families of the slain soldiers.
It is estimated that around 240 soldiers were affected in the attack.
CORD leader Raila Odinga recently called on the government to tell Kenyans the exact details of the attack.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.