Hygiene tips for men
21 September 2016, 12:47
Here are a few hygiene tips for men:
1. Wear Deodorant. Many men might not realize the difference between deodorants and antiperspirants. A deodorant gets rid of odor caused by sweating, while antiperspirants actually stop and dry up perspiration. Look for an antiperspirant/deodorant combination and make sure the fragrance isn't too overwhelming.
2. Change your underwear. Experts say it's amazing how most men don't change their underwear often enough. Change them every day and after a workout.
3. Wash your face twice a day. Never use soap, body gels, or body scrubs on your face. Using soap and water will strip your skin of essential moisture and upset its natural pH balance, leaving it irritated and dry. Instead, use a facial cleanser designed to normalize your pH and restore moisture balance.
Read Also: The 5 horrors of being a househusband
4. Hit the shower. Shower every day first thing in the morning and at night, particularly if you've had a long day, and every time you exercise or raise your heartbeat and perspire.
5. Clip those nails. Neat and well-groomed nails are high on the list of what attracts men to women. If your nails are long enough to collect dirt, they are too long. It's also okay to use hand lotion or cream to keep them soft and prevent calluses and cracking.
6. Shave daily. It may seem like a hustle, but all men should adjust their hygiene rules to include shaving daily, even on the weekends. Don't shave only for work.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.