Foods to help you gain weight
12 October 2016, 14:06
Foods rich in calories and fats are recommended for people who wish to gain more weight.
However, you need to watch your diet in order to protect yourself against lifestyle diseases. Foods that can help you gain weight in a healthy manner include:
1. Lean meats such as fish, chicken and lamb supply you with good fats that help increase your BMI. Avoid deep frying your foods but instead use healthy cooking methods. Use heart friendly cooking oil in order to protect yourself diseases associated with high consumption of fats.
2. Low fat milk also supplies you with healthy fat thus boosting your BMI.
3. Nuts are rich in calories and thus boost your BMI.
4. Beans contain protein that is required for muscle building.
5. Fruits and vegetables are necessary in any weight management program. They supply you with all the vital nutrients required to protect you from the diseases associated with a low BMI.
6. Whole grains supply you with energy and calories, thus increasing your BMI.
7. Eggs supply you with proteins and other essential minerals that keep you healthy and strong.
As you strive to gain an extra kilo, overcome the temptation of consuming unhealthy foods such as saturated fats and sweets, as these will only expose you to greater health risks.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.