Father dies after Governor sacks his son
09 December 2015, 11:21
Bungoma - A family in Mukwa village, Bumula sub County in Bungoma County is mourning the death of their father, Mzee Peter Fwamba who abruptly went into a coma and later died after receiving news that his son who was the bread winner had been sacked and surcharged by Governor Ken Lusaka.
Evans Fwamba, the immediate former housing and sanitation Chief Officer said his father was shocked and went into a coma after he was briefed on his son’s sacking and order to pay millions of money in unsurrendered imprests.
Speaking in Bungoma, Fwamba noted that efforts to save his father at the Bungoma County Referral Hospital bore no fruits as he succumbed Tuesday afternoon.
“I could not afford to take my father to a better health center due to lack of money after the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission officers froze my bank accounts and am now financially paralyzed,” he lamented.
Fwamba, a former secondary school teacher resigned from Teachers Service Commission (TSC) early last year after he was appointed the Chief Officer Forestry, Environment, Water and Tourism before he was transferred to Housing and Sanitation in the same capacity.
Read Also: Team set up to investigate Strathmore terror drill
“Am perturbed that the Governor did not give us time to defend ourselves and prove that we didn’t misuse the money. The purported recommendations by the Service Delivery Unit to sack and surcharge us was in bad faith because it’s not the body mandated by the law to recommend our sacking; that is just a committee formed by the Governor to look into some issues in the County,” he said.
Fwamba together with his Gender and Culture counterpart, Consolata Wakwabubi were Thursday last week sacked and surcharged by Governor Lusaka over alleged involvement in corrupt underhand dealings.
Fwamba was sacked and surcharged KES 3 708 700 million while Wakwabubi was surcharged KES 1.1 million in uncounted imprests.
Lusaka also ordered for the following officers to be surcharged: KES3.2million to be recovered from Agatha Makokha the secretary to the Chief Officer Public Administration, KES1 538 450 to be recovered from Vincent Wekesa Maunda, driver to the Chief Officer Public Administration for the allowances fraudulently received.
Others included recovery of KES 2 917 200 from Siboe Kibaba while KES 1 424 440 was to be recovered from Net Wekesa for the imprests not surrendered.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.