Cigarette smoking guard causes fire at Nairobi children's home
22 April 2016, 21:40
Nairobi - A guard caused a fire at a children's home in Nairobi after walking into a room full of petrol with a cigarette.
One person was injured in the fire at the Save the Children Centre in Westlands, Friday afternoon.
According to witnesses at the scene, the fire broke out at the organisation's warehouse after a guard walked in with a cigarette.
" The guard walked in with a cigarette. He is fine though," a Nairobi County fire services official told News24.
Investigations indicated that petrol was stored in the warehouse, thus the fire.
The County fire services put off the fire within 30 minutes of arrival at the scene.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.