Woman, 34, burnt beyond recognition in house fire
13 August 2013, 18:28
A 34-year-old woman perished in a fire incident Tuesday morning after the house she was sleeping in caught fire at Chaka area in Nyeri county.
Alice Kawiria who used to live alone in the house was burnt beyond recognition when her room caught fire at 2.a.m at Chaka Township in Kieni East sub county.
About 20 rental timber houses were also reduced to ashes during the incident.
Area deputy commissioner Daniel Odambu said the houses are were being used as rental and business houses.
Fire fighters from Karatina council put off the fire.
The cause of the fire was not immediately established but area residents suspected that it might have been caused by a leaking gas at Kawiria’s house.
The charred remains were removed to Nyeri Provincial General Hospital mortuary.
Join in the conversation on our Facebook page. Also get the latest news by following us on Twitter.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.