Tragedy in Murang’a as two children die in fire
10 October 2015, 17:25
Murang'a - Grief has engulfed residents of Kiarutara village in Gatanga, Murang’a County, after two children were burnt to death on Saturday.
The two children aged four and two years had been left alone by their father who reportedly went to a nearby shopping centre when the house caught fire.
The children’s father, Samuel Maina, was shocked to find huge smoke billowing from his house as neighbours attempted to put off the fire in vain due to lack of proper equipment.
Confirming the incident, Murang’a County Police Commander Naomi Ichami said the two children were asleep when the father left for the shopping centre.
The police boss said neighbours did not know there were children in the burning house as they did not scream.
Maina was living with the two children after separating with his wife few months ago.
Ichami said police have launched investigations into the tragedy.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.