Tobiko ponders Kidero/Shebesh fate
07 February 2014, 14:10
Nairobi - Director of Public Prosecutions Keriako Tobiko will decide on whether to proceed with the case against Nairobi county officials Evans Kidero and Rachel Shebesh.
This is after the two agreed to an out of court settlement to their altercation last year, which saw Kidero slap Shebesh.
The two had counter-accused each other over the one to bale for the melee, with Kidero saying Shebesh abused him causing him to react badly.
The two had earlier been granted a two week ultimatum by the High Court to settle their differences but they could not, forcing judge David Majanja to order the DPP to launch prosecutoral procedures.
The case has been set for February 21, 2014.
Last week though, the two announced that they had agreed to a settlement, with Shebesh saying she had forgiven Kidero for the mishap.
" For the sake of growth in Nairobi and peaceful co-existance between our people, it is only prudent that I forgive my brother Kidero and move on.
" The bible says forgive and forget and as leaders, we need to lead by example, she said.
But with the case already at the DPP's office, he will decide on whether to proceed with the matter, seeing as they had according to the law, breached several provisions regarding the public safety act.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.