Things you should stop doing in your 30's
10 June 2015, 09:13
Here are some of the things you need to stop doing by the time you clock 30:
1. Staying out till 4 a.m and buying tons of drinks at the bar because all your friends do. It's pretty much obvious that nothing good happens after 1 a.m. At some point, you realize that you should just go home when darkness appears because you're better off feeling energized at work instead of staying out late only to suffer a hangovers the next day.
2. Blowing hundreds or thousands of money on expensive clad, or every sort of cosmetic you don't need just to keep up with the Kardashians. Your money looks better in your bank account than on your body. At which point will your fashion collection really good on you?
3. Doing drugs and smoking weed. I personally find it immature for a 35-year-old to do drugs. The further away from 20 you get, the worse drugs look on you. Drugs also make you to look older.
4. Watching a lot of crap on TV. You look at a screen all day every day- whether you are watching soap operas or catching up with the latest Afro-Cinema, stop wasting your time watching talented actors make money for themselves. Sometimes you need to open a book and get lost in something that doesn't glow at your eyes and make you feel like your brain is worthless.
Read Also: The best couples fight... A lot!
5. Avoiding hard work at all costs. True, hard work is not fun but it pays you know. You can survive on odd jobs that allow you to fuck off backpacking for a few weeks, but you eventually come to realize that this lifestyle won't lead you to the bigger goals you've set for yourself. Letting your parents pay for everything because you are spoiled and don't want to be not spoiled. Even if your parents can and are willing to support you through and past college, there's much greater strength of character in saying no to their soft loans and earning your own money - and growing up.
6. Having flakey friends who drive you crazy more than they make your life fun. Eventually you realize that your sanity is more valuable than having those friends in your life. The occasional laughs together aren't worth their insecurity-induced inability to be happy for you when good things happen to you.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.