Second mass grave discovered in Kitengela, several feared dead
19 May 2014, 13:23
Nairobi - A second mass grave has been found in Kitengela, raising fears there might be many others after one was found in a quarry in the area over the weekend.
The first was located Saturday by a herds-boy, where three bodies were discovered upon exhumation by police and government officials.
Another location was again found Monday morning a few metres from the first one.
Kajiado County Commissioner Kobia Kamau said that they suspect a land tussle as the cause of the murders, with several land brokers having been reported missing in the area over the last five months.
It is understood that the ;and belongs to the East African Portland Cement Company.
" There have been several land brokers who have been reported missing in the last five months and we suspect this could be them.
" We will have the bodies examined in the coming days and get definite answers on the matter, he said.
One of the herds-men who landed on the revelation Monday morning said he had grazed his animals in the are for a while now and found the soil beneath the area too soft.
" It always felt like there was someone who has dug this part of the land but I always thought it was the animals digging, one of the herds-men described as 'Boy' said.
Kobia added that there had been a lot of volatility about the land ion recent times.
" This land has caused so much unrest here and there has been clashes about it on several occasions.
" At the moment though, it is just a theory until investigations are done.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.