Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


MyNews24 is a user-generated section of News24 Kenya. The stories here come from users.

Latest Badges:

View all DareelEric's badges.

School warns of irregular term calendar as 620 students prepare for KCSE

07 September 2015, 09:17 Dareel Eric

Vihiga - Chavakali School Principal, Kahi Indimuli has asked parents to brace for an irregular Third Term calendar as he prepares 620 candidates for national examinations set to begin next month.

Indimuli said Forms One to Three may be forced to close early to allow candidates to use all classrooms during the examination period.

“We will close the school when examinations begin, and then reopen when they are over to compensate for the time that will have been lost. You notice that the large number of candidates will force us to use all our available classrooms,” said Indimuli.

The school suffered a major setback in last year’s national examinations when results for 313 students were cancelled for collusion in one subject, forcing them to resit their examinations this year.

The school had 302 candidates, and 308 out of 313 whose results were cancelled have repeated, bringing the total number of candidates currently at the school to 620.

Read Also: Chavakali to register 639 candidates

In the previous year’s exams, the school emerged among top 10 in the country, moving from position 102 to the surprise of many in the country.

Indimuli acknowledged that handling 620 candidates has been quite challenging and a hard task for the school, putting maximum pressure on available resources and teachers.

“I am happy that the students are prepared because we have had many sessions with them and they have been able to overcome the shock after cancellation of their results last year. We are expecting very good results this year because all of them had passed well,” he said.

He spoke at the school on Saturday when he met alumni who had come to initiate various development projects.  

He noted there has been stiff competition between those whose results were cancelled and those who were set to sit their first national examinations this year, saying that it has been healthy and may just bring a record breaking performance for the school.

He said the only worry now was the teachers’ strike that may hinder accomplishment of what teachers had planned to work on with the students in the few weeks leading to exams.

Anthony Yamina, chairman of the alumni group said they had come to the school to encourage the candidates after cancellation of last year’s results.

“There is a gap after students finish their Form Four exams. Most of them do not know what to do next, and if their results are cancelled, it spells doom for them. We want to be close to the students to help them bridge the gap after the exams and the outside world,” said Yamina.

For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!

- MyNews24

Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Jayne Zack
I am in ODM to stay, Busia Depu...

Busia Deputy Governor Kizito Wangalwa told Deputy President William on the face that he was in the Orange Democratic Movement to stay. Read more...

Boda Boda operators in Bahati rai...

Motorbike Boda Boda operators from Bahati Sub county on Tuesday took to the streets of Nakuru’s CBD lamenting over what they term is harassment by patrol police officers in the area. Read more...

Submitted by
Gabriel Ngallah
Human Rights activist lives in fe...

The Human rights fraternity in Mombasa is currently living in fear after the home of one of the vocal human rights champion was invaded on Monday night. Read more...

Submitted by
kel wesh
Poisonous milk powder siezed by K...

The Kenya Revenue Authority has seized two containers with illegal milk powder which had been declared as gypsum board at Mombasa port. Read more...

Submitted by
William Korir
Be ready for protests, Raila warn...

Expect protests if meddling with Auditor General continues, Raila Odinga has said. Read more...

Submitted by
Kenya says will return to interna...

Kenya will return to international markets to borrow when it feels the time is right, National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich said on Tuesday. Read more...