School counting losses as fire razes dormitory
02 November 2015, 14:54
Nyeri - Property of unknown value was reduced to ashes Sunday night after a fierce fire razed a dormitory at Ngooru Secondary School in Tetu, Nyeri County.
The fire, suspected to have been caused by an electric fault, left about 100 female students in the cold.
The students lost their clothes, boxes, mattresses, blankets and other personal belongings before the fire was finally put off by teachers, students and members of the public.
Area police boss, Stephen Obara said no student was injured since they were in classes for personal studies.
Learning activities have since been paralyzed.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.