Get paid for your content. Send your stories / photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will M-Pesa you 300 KES for every submission published!
Property worth thousands of shillings was over the weekend razed down after a timber building caught fire at Kiogina village, Imenti North District of the Meru County.
Imenti North OCPD, James Kithuka who confirmed the incident said in Meru that Police suspect the fire may have emanated from a cooking stove.
He said 80 year old granny ,Charity Muko Kiruja was rescued alive, though unconscious by neighbors as she was warming herself near the stove and dozed off leaving the stove ablaze.
He says the blaze got into contact with her bed sheets spreading the fire to the entire house. Kithuka said Neighbors noticed flames and burning smell emanating from the house and came to her aid only to find the woman unconscious. It is estimated that property worth over 100,000/- was destroyed by the fire.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.