Pupil, 17, electrocuted
01 April 2013, 16:47
A 17 year old boy was electrocuted on Monday at Kitale Ndogo estate in Kitale municipality, Kitale OCPD James Mitugo has said.
Daniel Wanyama, a class six pupil at Kitale Ndogo primary school, died on the spot after touching the live wire connected to a transformer.
Mitugo said that the boy was on his way home for lunch when he met his death.
He added that the wire has been hanging for many weeks threatening lives of residents.
“We urge the Kenya power and lighting company to repair the problem before more lives are lost,” posed Mitugo.
Area residents expressed their fear as the hanging wire could turn out to be more dangerous during the ongoing rain season.
The body of the deceased was moved to Kitale district mortuary.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.