Police investigate yet another bomb scare in Nairobi
24 April 2014, 14:34
Nairobi - A vehicle suspected to be filled with explosive devices has been abandoned in Nairobi's Juja road, the second incident of note in the same area in the last 24 hours.
The vehicle was abandoned near the Don Bosco secondary school in Pangani.
According to witnesses, the Toyota Probox vehicle was left at the area by two men of Somali origin at around 10 AM.
On suspicion that it could have been filled with explosives, members of the public quickly alerted the police who on arrival at the scene, were forced to call in the bomb squad after police dogs supposedly sniffed something.
" The bomb squad is at the scene and we are awaiting news on any developments, Nairobi police boss Benson Kibue said.
The incident comes just a couple of hours after two policemen were killed in an explosion not far from the area.
This time, a Toyota NZE vehicle, which had been intercepted by police was detonated by the car's occupants. All four persons in the vehicle, including the two police officers and the two terrorists died in the incident Wednesday evening.
President Uhuru Kenyatta while speaking at the Kenya Police college in Embakasi said that it was unfortunate that policemen had died in the line of duty but insisted that the continuing war on terror would continue unabated.
" We will fight to the end, despite what they throw our way. We may lose our people in the process but we will not relent, he said.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.