Obama hangover! What next for Kenya?
26 July 2015, 18:05
Nairobi - So Obama is gone. Officially back to where he belongs. What next for Kenya?
Yes yes, it was all good when it lasted. The Obama visit has been magnificent for Kenyans and even for Obama himself. He looked absolutely happy here and I can imagine wishes he could get that sort of adoration back in the States.
Good for him.
Now back to us. He is gone. What next?
1. Uhuru acts on corruption - Look, the president has to take charge with finality. He had started well and with Obama's open remarks should do more and more. Will he?
2. Politics of ethnicity - Obama has said it loud and clear and we need to ask ourselves if we are going to agree with him or not. Kenyans have dug themselves a huge hole in terms of ethnicity. Will it change?
3. Clean Nairobi - This one had to come up. We need Nairobi to remain clean please Governor Kidero. But will it?
4. Gender balance - If there was something Obama spoke with finality about, it was gender balance or imbalance if you like. There has got to be something done about this issue and seriously. The onus is on Parliament to protect the two thirds gender rule.
5. Togetherness - If there is one thing that I noticed in the last three days, it was the togetherness of Kenyans. Hope is that it remains so and we do not return to the old divisive ways we are used to.
What is your take?
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.