Mother, daughter electrocuted by clothes line
30 May 2014, 15:00
Nyeri - A mother and her daughter were Thursday night electrocuted while picking clothes from their clothes line at Hubu-ini village, Tetu constituency of Nyeri County.
Christine Wangui, 22, was picking clothes from the metallic wire that was in contact with an electricity cable when the incident occurred. Her mother, 48-year-old Lucy Muthoni Mwangi, was electrocuted as she tried to rescue Wangui.
Residents found the two dead women lying outside their house, clinging onto the aluminum wire they used as a clothes line.
Area sub-County commissioner, Herman Shambi said that they found Wangui with the wire in her hands, but the mother died as she tried to save her.
He advised villagers to use non-conducting clothes lines to avoid such incidents in the future.
The bodies were taken to Mathari mission hospital mortuary.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.