Mandera Governor attacked by terrorists
13 March 2015, 13:12
Nairobi - Mandera Governor Ali Roba has survived yet another attempt on his life after suspected terrorists attacked his convoy.
Roba was attacked by unknown militia Friday morning as he went on a field excursion with his team. The attack took place along the Arabia, Omar Jilo road.
No one has yet been reported dead in the attack, though six people were injured in the attack, two critically.
The injured were taken to the Lafey District Hospital with the critical ones taken to the Elwak Hospital.
Governor Roba was not injured in the attack but he told News24 on phone that he would try find out as soon as possible the people and motive behind the attack.
" We have been attacked while on a mission. Thankfully no one is dead but there are injuries. We thank God for his mercies," he said.
It is understood that the attackers used a rocket propeller to hit the convoy of six vehicles.
A policeman on the ground told News24 that he was surprised no one died in the attack.
" It was well planned. It sounds like Al Shabaab but we cannot be sure because the Governor has been attacked previously," the officer that did not want to be named said on phone.
In October last year, the Governor escaped unhurt after an improvised
explosive device IED blew up as his convoy passed through Mandera Town.
He escaped unhurt while his bodyguard was injured the attack.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.