Man goes missing, feared abducted
01 February 2013, 11:37
A middle aged man is appealing to anyone who may have seen his missing son to report to the Meru Police station.
Speaking to the media in Meru on Thursday, Osman Mwenda said his son Ramadhan Mwamba who is a Standard six pupil at Meru Muslim Primary school has been reported missing since 19 August last year.
He says he lastly saw his son on that day before his departure for Isiolo where he works.
He says he gave his son some cash as he was going to their home at Makutano but five days later his wife called him saying they had not seen Mwamba for several days.
Mwenda is worried about his son and says he could have been abducted by some people whom he said had assaulted him.
The five people assaulted him at his own home but were arrested and charged in court.
However, he says they tried to bribe him and his witness to settle the case out of court but he declined.
He says they threatened to get rid of all his witnesses and he now fears they have abducted his son who has never been in touch since he went missing.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.