Man exhumed by relatives in Nakuru
26 November 2013, 12:17
Nakuru - There was a fiasco on Monday afternoon at Nakuru North cemetery after the body of a middle aged man was exhumed from the grave.
The body of Evans Bari Omuhindi was exhumed after his extended family received court orders on Friday from Resident Magistrate Victoria Ochanda authorising them to repossess the body.
According to Bari’s mother, Sofia Nekesa, Bari's second wife, Jessica Kanyi, buried her late son without the parents' consent.
“We were to bury my son on Friday but Kanyi went ahead and buried him without involving us, which is not in line with our traditions,” she said.
Nekesa further said that she still cannot understand what could have caused the sudden death of his son who died after a short illness.
Nekesa said that she wanted to bury her son at her rural home at Ebuskami village in Luanda since they have a big farm there.
Bari’s mother said she attempted to discuss the matter with her daughter-in-law before the burial but Kanyi chased her away at night.
Nekesa said they have not seen Kanyi and her three children since the last week when she was chased away.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.