Man electrocuted while peeing on a fence
18 February 2015, 15:01
Meru - A middle-aged man escaped death by a whisker Tuesday night after he was electrocuted while peeing on a fence along Milimani Estate.
Dennis Kinoti was walking home with his friend Reuben Mwiti after a night out when he stopped for a short call next to the security fence surrounding a home of an Asian business tycoon in Meru, ignored a warning written “Do not pee here.”
"Kinoti inadvertently made contact with the wire mesh and was electrocuted," said the compound guard.
Read Also: Illegal power connections kill over 1 000 people
His friend Mwiti added that Kinoti had ignored the warning note from the fence, saying that it was just meant to scare people away.
Drunk Kinoti was looking for a place to relieve himself around 2am when the incident occurred, but he was rescued by his friend who alerted the watchman and rushed him to Meru General Hospital where he is undergoing treatment.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.