Kenya Power employees electrocuted
02 March 2015, 15:23
Vihiga - Two Kenya Power employees were electrocuted at Givogi Village in Hamisi sub-County while on duty.
The two emergency officers from Mbale sub-Station, John Oguta and Oscar Oronda, were repairing electrical fault lines before the tragedy.
The area chief, Harun Mbere who confirmed the incident, said the electric fault was caused by road constructionwork in the village.
The Chief said they were informed about the incident by the locals after discovering the bodies at the scene.
Read Also: Man electrocuted while peeing on a fence
“The villagers informed us about the two bodies at the scene before we identified the deceased,” said Mbere.
He said the bodies were removed to Vihiga County referral Hospital mortuary for postmortem as investigation into the incident commences.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.