I was forced to admit murder, suspected Muchai killer says
27 February 2015, 15:35
Nairobi - A man suspected to have killed former Kabete MP George Muchai says he was tortured by police to admit to the charge.
20 year old Simon Gachamba said Friday in a Nairobi court that he had been forced to admit to the charge after repeated police harassment and beating.
He said that he was tortured to record his statement and that police forced him into submission after initially denying the murder charge.
Magistrate Miriam Muruge ordered that Gachamba be taken to the Kenyatta National Hospital for observation and treatment.
The case was also adjourned to allow police continue with investigations.
He is accused together with seven others of orchestrating Muchai's death.
Muchai was murdered together with his two bodyguards and driver along Kenyatta Avenue last month.
The others are Eric Isabwa Muyera alias Chairman, Mustafa Kimani Anyonyi alias Musto, and Jane Wanjiru Kamau alias Shiro. The other suspects in police custody are Margaret Njeri Wachiuri, Steven Astiva Lipopo alias Chokore and Raphael Kimani Gachie.
They were arrested two weeks ago in Ruiru.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.