Govt challenged to come out clean on Maina Njenga's attack
28 May 2014, 13:40
Kisumu - Clergymen from the Nyanza region have called on the national government to carry out thorough investigation on last weekend's attack on ex-Mungiki leader, Maina Njenga.
In a statement by the Nyanza Council of Bishops chairperson, Bishop Washington Ogonyo Ngede, the religious leaders claim the Saturday's ambush on Njenga’s convoy leaves more questions unanswered and the government has to come out clean.
Bishop Ogonyo said the government still has a lot to explain since Njenga had earlier said that his life was in danger.
The bishops said that the statement by Interior Cabinet Secretary, Joseph Ole Lenku that police were not involved is not enough and that they need proof since the victims suspect police involvement.
The bishops at the same time called upon the government to beef up security across the country saying incidence of crime is now alarming.
They have further requested for more security in places of worship since churches have been targeted in past terrorism attacks.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.