Governor puts land grabbers on notice
16 October 2013, 11:44
Nakuru - Nakuru County governor, Kinuthia Mbugua, has warned land grabbers in the County that their days are numbered.
Kinuthia said that his government will not relent in the fight against land grabbers in the County.
“If anyone is having a land which was acquired illegally, they must be ready to surrender it back,” he said.
Speaking in Nakuru Tuesday afternoon during the launch of the farmers field day, Kinuthia said that it was regrettable to see government projects and institutions put on hold because most of the land intended for development had been grabbed.
He pledged to work with the Ministry of Lands to repossess all grabbed lands in the region.
“It's is a big shame to seemost of the projects being put into halt because most of the public land is already grabbed,” he lamented.
He further said that his government is mapping out all the houses that are built on public land and warned that they will demolish the houses soon.
Kinuthia said that the issue of land grabbing has continued to affect the growth and economy of the County, saying it is high time the land was recovered.
“We want to ensure all the land that has been privatized has been surrendered back because the County economy is being affected,” he said.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.