Full list of parastatal appointments by president Uhuru Kenyatta
01 January 2014, 11:40
Nairobi- The recent parastatal heads appointments by president Uhuru Kenyatta have drawn varying views amongst Kenyans of different walks of life.
Politicians within both the Jubilee and CORD coalitions have had varying views on the appointments.
Some have argued that the appointments are not in line with the Jubilee governments promise to promote youth while others have pinned down the lack of regional balance.
On the other hand, supporters of the appointments have defended the move by the president saying it is within his constitutional right.
Here is a full list of all 24 appointments.
1. Titus Ibui – Kenya Leather Development Council Board
2. Simon Gicharu – Geothermal Development Company
3. Kenneth Sigilai – Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (KETRACO)
4. Daniel Kiongo – Kenya Pipeline Company
5. Eliud Wamae – New Kenya Co-operative Creameries
6. Geoffrey Kingangi (COL.) – National Cereals and Produce Board
7. Taraiya Ole Kores – Kenya Meat Commission
8. Linah Jebii Kilimo – Anti-Female Genital Mutilation Board
9. Terry Ryan – Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
10. Benson Adeng – Consolidated Bank Board of Directors
11. Mohamud Mohammed Ali – National Hospital Insurance Fund Board
12. Agnes Ndetei – National Drought Management Authority
13. Phillip Kaloki – Kenya Medical Training College Board
14. Sam Kona – Kerio Valley Development Authority
15. Peter Kiilu – Water Resource Management Authority
16. Onyango Oloo – Lake Basin Development Authority
17. Julius Kones – National Water Conservation and Pipeline Corporation
18. Abdul Bahari — Tana and Athi Rivers Development Authority
19. Kitambi Digore – Kenya Maritime Authority
20. Amb. Francis Muthaura – LAPSSET Corridor Development Authority
21. Joseph Musebe – Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
22. Sammy Tangus – Postal Corporation of Kenya
23. Edwin Yinda – Kenya Information and Communications Board of Directors
24. Sam Njonde – National Sports Fund Board of Trustees
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.