Fire guts down business premises in Keringet
03 January 2014, 12:39
Keringet - Several residents of Keringet in Kuresoi South constituency are counting losses after a fire gutted down over 20 business premises on Thursday night.
The fire is said to have started from one of the shops and was quickly spread destroying the wooden structures.
A section of those affected said they were shocked when they received report of the fire that started in the middle of the night.
Geoffrey Sigey, who lost everything in his business premise called on the county government to consider providing a fire brigade vehicle to Keringet trading centre, with the fact that Keringet is now the headquarters of Kuresoi District.
“The county government should first consider providing us with a fire brigade so as to serve the trading centre as well as other areas such as the first growing Olenguruone trading centre,” said Sigey.
The Chief Executive Committee in charge of the ministry of Agriculture in Nakuru County Government Dr. Stanley Chepkwony, who visited the area, promised the residents that the county government is committed in purchasing a fire brigade vehicle to help in curbing such incidences.
“I am quite shocked with the loss the small entrepreneurs who have been struggling to invest their small income, but all in all, we are going to pressurize the county government to ensure that there is a fire brigade to help in curbing such incidences in future,” said Dr. Chepkwony, who happens to hail from the said area.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.