Fire fighters react fast to quell blaze in Nairobi building
08 June 2015, 18:26
Nairobi - Fire fighters were quickly called into action after a Nairobi building caught fire in the upmarket Kilimani area.
The building, Mayfair Centre caught fire just after midday but quick response from fire fighters and local responders stopped the fire from spreading from the top floor to other floors.
Tenants at the building said that the fire was caused by an electrical fault and was escalated by virtue of there being several wooden structures.
The building houses several organizations including the Judicial Service Commision JSC.
No one was injured in the incident.
" We thank the Nairobi fire service as well as other private firms for helping stop the fire in the quickest time possible," Alvin Nderi, who was having lunch at the building when the fire occurred told News24.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.