Expectant woman electrocuted
22 April 2013, 15:29
An eight - month - pregnant woman has died in Othaya after she was electrocuted by an electric heater.
22 year old Phyllis Wothaya Ndaguatha had unknowingly dipped her finger into the water which was being heated using electricity on Sunday when she was struck by the shock at Thuti village, Nyeri county.
A neigbour who did not want to be named said Wothaya died on the spot although relatives tried to rush her to Othaya District Hospital but to no avail.
The neighbour said the deceased was not aware that it was wrong to test the water using a finger.
The 11am Sunday incident brought business to a standstill in the nearby churches where faithfuls were converging for Sunday prayers.
Police said they are investigating the matter.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.