Embassava ban set to be lifted by NTSA
30 June 2015, 13:01
Nairobi - The ban on the Embassava Transport Sacco is set to be lifted when the National Transport Safety Authority NTSA and the Sacco chiefs meet.
The two will meet at the NTSA's offices in Nairobi's Upper Hill Plaza where they will seek a way forward on the current ban.
The authority last Wednesday suspended operations of the Sacco indefinitely until their vehicles meet certain conditions which the authority says had been flouted by the Sacco.
NTSA Director General Francis Meja said the operators will only be allowed back on the road after fulfilling conditions set by the authority.
However, the Sacco has complained about generalization by the NTSA saying that only the vehicle that caused the accident as well as the driver be banned.
The sacco has a reported 703 vehicles.
The Sacco was suspended Wednesday after a road crash that involved its bus and another public service vehicle belonging to Forward Sacco, with the Embassava bus driver accused of causing the accident that saw 2 people killed.
The Matatu Owners Association has said it will lead its members in a strike Wednesday if the blanket bans by the NTSA are not reviewed.
The accident caused transport crisis in the Eastlands region which depends alot on the Sacco for transport.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.