Digital migration still on, says Communications Authority
31 December 2014, 13:02
Nairobi - The analogue- digital migration is still on, says the Communications Authority of Kenya, despite a Supreme Court order stating the opposite.
The CA said in a statement Wednesday that the migration would still go on despite the order by the Court Tuesday, stating that the migration is still on.
This disregards the Supreme Court order granting three media houses, Kenya Television Network KTN, Nation Television NTV and Citizen TV time to prepare for the migration.
The CA though, insists that the migration must go on as planned, amidst frustration that the three media houses are dragging Kenyans with them over an issue they could have dealt with long ago.
" We will continue with the planned switch-off in Nairobi as had earlier been stated tonight at midnight," the CAK said in a statement.
" Supreme Court gave no determination on cancellation or postponement of
analogue switch off much as this had been requested by media houses.
" Don't get it wrong! Digital migration still on.Analogue switch off for Nairobi and environs remains December 31st, the statement finished.
The move will potentially see the three media houses locked out of the digital platforms from tonight, a move that will lock many Kenyans, who depend on the channels out.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.