Chief kidnap suspects released on bond
01 November 2013, 12:54
Nyeri - A Nyeri court has released two men accused of kidnapping Solio assistant chief on bond.
Resident magistrate John Aringo released David Karanja and Charles Wahome on bond of KES 200,000 each, and a sureties similar amount.
The duo denied charges of kidnapping Pauline Nyambura, the assistant chief of Solio village in Kieni sub-County on October 23.
The suspects were first arraigned in court on October 28, but the prosecution opposed their release on bond and requested court to remand them for three days to enable police to complete investigations.
The assistant chief was allegedly abducted by five gangsters from her home on Wednesday last week and later found dumped at Maragua ridge in Murang’a County on Monday night.
The abductors are said to have later called her husband demanding a ransom of KES 2 million but her family said it only parted with a small amount of money for her upkeep during the time she was in their hands.
The prosecutor, Bernard Wamalwa, told the court that police are still conducting investigations with the possibility of arresting more suspects in connection to the abduction.
The case will proceed on November 12.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.