Boy, 2, perishes in Mukurwe-ini fire
17 July 2013, 10:49
A 2-year-old boy died Tuesday morning after the house they were sleeping in caught fire at Mweru village in Mukurwe-ini, Nyeri county.
William Ng'ang'a had been left under the care of his brother in the morning by their mother Tabitha Wanjiru who had gone to buy milk from a nearby shop at around 8.30am.
On returning, she found the 3-room mud house on fire.
The boy perished in the incident. The other child escaped unhurt as he was rescued by neighbours who also helped put off the fire.
The cause of the fire was not immediately established.
Speaking at the scene of the fire, Mukurwe-ini Police boss George Ouko said that the mother of three had gone to the shop with the youngest baby.
Ouko added that the father of the children was not in the house at the time of the incident since he resides in Nairobi.
The charred remains were removed to Mukurwe-ini District hospital mortuary.
Join in the conversation on our Facebook page. Also get the latest news by following us on Twitter.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.