Atwoli, Kambi in court over Muchai murder claims
16 February 2015, 19:00
Nairobi - The High Court has ordered Labour CS Kazungu Kambi and Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria to stop claims that members of COTU transpired to kill former Kabete MP George Muchai.
In a ruling Monday, the court ordered the two, plus Thika MP Alice Ng'ang'a and Juja MP Francis Waititu to stop spreading claims that COTU bosses were to blame for Muchai's murder.
Muchai was murdered last week in cold blood along Kenyatta Avenue by unknown persons.
Kambi had said during Muchai's burial that COTU Secretary General Francis Atwoli and other board members had something to do with his death.
The COTU officials though, quickly run to court to contest the claims and were granted an order protecting them from the public slaying.
Justice Alfred Mabeya Monday stopped Kambi and legislators Kuria, Ng’ang’a, and Waititu from making comments on the issue pending determination of a defamation case by the six COTU officials.
The officials include Atwoli, Rajab Mwondi, Rebecca Nyathogora, Francis Wangara, Joseph Nyabiya and Washington Adongo.
They said in their suit that it was totally out of line for Kambi to call them out for murder without having any evidence to back his claims.
Kambi threatened to resign if police do not act on the matter, saying it was obvious who had murdered Muchai.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.