A boy dies over poison
02 May 2012, 18:01
A ten-year-old boy at Tetu village in Laikipia East District died on Saturday after drinking a pesticide.
Erick Mambo, who had been living with his grandmother for unknown reasons, met his demise while being ferried to the Nanyuki District Hospital.
Efforts to salvage the life of Mambo bore no fruits as the road network to the hospital was so clumsy and hence, entangled the efficiency.
Laikipia East police boss Joshua Lutukai said that investigations are underway on what prompted the death of the ten-year-old boy.
On another other story, an unknown body of a man was recovered at Nanyuki river bank on Saturday.
The man is said to have gone missing for 3 days at Segera village in Laikipia East District before his body was recovered.
The shocked Segera residents confirmed that the deceased person was a mason in the area.
However, Lutukai said that the matter is been looked into and that they are waiting for the body’s postmortem at Nanyuki District Hospital.
Concurrently, an armed gang of five wrecked havoc on Saturday night at Makuti bar located at near Katheri market in Laikipia East after they maiming four of customers in the bar.
At the same time, the vagabonds robbed them of KES 7,500, phones and ATM cards and took to the woods.
The injured men nursed the deep cuts at the Nanyuki District Hospital and were discharged yesterday.
The Laikipia East Police boss also confirmed that a man haunt has been established to net the robbers who are at large.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.