6 things you should never do on a first date
20 May 2016, 11:10
Nairobi - It's very important to make a good impression on the first date because they will always never go unnoticed. Here are the things you should never do on a first date.
1. Do not talk about your ex. It is best never to mention anything about you experience with your ex whether positive or negative.Besides, you are looking to move forward, not back it may put him or her off.
2. Don't drink too much. Alcohol is not friendly and taken by everyone, it may be an appealing to the other person. If you met someone on a serious date drinking may put them off after all who will want to marry a drunkard for a wife or husband.
3. Don’t mention your finances. You want your date to get to know your personality, beliefs and values, and in turn find attractiveness in them and not your income because they maybe earning less and as a result you turn them off.
4. Don't boast of anything.Being boastful can send an negative picture of you. Be it children if you have them, family or a job it's a no. There will still be other time to know you better.
5. Don’t talk about how miserable and lonely you are. Don't create an impression that you are too desperate to have him or her because you might even scare them away, especially if they are not yet planning for any long term relationship.
6. Don't appear too serious.You are to sound friendly and sociable to be able to give room for warm interaction. You may feel the need to talk about serious topics when you're dating, but on the first date it's important to keep the conversation pleasant and positive. Ask simple things that the other person will feel comfortable to answer.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.